Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving Beyond the Page


I decided to go with Moving Beyond the Page curriculum as one of my "main" curriculum this year. I did choose a couple others to supplement other subjects as well.

I was initially hooked by the fact that it is geared towards kids who enjoy more hands-on activities rather then tons of seatwork and bookwork. Don't get me wrong, Kristen does do seatwork, but I can get so much more out of her if she has something to touch, build, or draw. The price is a little steep for me, but I did like that they offer a couple different payment options.

My shipment arrived last week, and I can say now that I have it in hand, I am even more excited! The curriculum included so many wonderful storybooks. It also included some manipulatives and scales. I looked through the teacher's manuals and the lessons are well thought out, and the activities are well planned.

I think the one potential "downfall" would be that the illustrations on the worksheets are hand-drawn. I don't think this will be an issue for me, but if it does become an issue, I plan to supplement any pictures that I may need off the internet.

Overall, I am really excited. Kristen is thrilled and is eager to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment